Thursday, May 04, 2006

Holiday # Entry 2

I've been kicking back a few days now and I am really enjoying myself. Got a few things to keep my occupied and still have mates to catch up with yet. Sadly I've only a bit more than a week to go.


So this was the result of driving through Sydney. Being the highly skilled driver I am, I turned off the M5 throwing myself directly into the Sydney CBD. However I did get to go over the Harbour Bridge. Most nostalgic.


Further on I spent a day and a half in Coffs Harbour. It really is a very pretty area. This is the view from the look out out over the wharf. It amazes me the progress of towns like Coffs Harbour. It has been two odd years since I was last there and I swear everytime I visit the place is totally different. Spent some time wandering around and had myself a pretty decent cup of coffee along at one of the many coffee shops that seem to have appeared just about every two metres.



Moving along to Balina, here resides one of Australias very ridiculous novelties. Big Things! The big prawn has seen far better days and a lick of paint really wouldn't go astray. There is also some sort of attempt at a Ayers rock (whats the PC name now?) further south after Newcastle somewhere but I couldn't be bothered to pull over and take a pic. Fear not, it is ever more crass than the Big Prawn. I did think about taking a picture of the Big Banana (Coffs Harbour's very own 'Big' thing) but again just couldnt be bothered pulling over at the time.



The final run up into Brisbane was pretty mundane. The M1 is an excellent road. 4 lanes wide there is room really for everyone. I almost had trouble keeping up with this to get a picture but it did make me laugh. At least someone has a sense of humour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home