Monday, May 01, 2006

Holiday Entry#1 - Spare Time

Had a pretty sweet old drive north. Managed to confuse highways whilst on M5. I'm retarded I know. Up sides were that I only lost probably only 30 odd minutes in Sydney, caught a hilarious sign (picture shown later) and got to drive across the Harbour Bridge for the first time in many years.

Operation North Roads was still in full effect during the journey to Coffs Harbour. From Newcastle up to Kempsey the police presence was highly obvious. Much money spent on road side lit up signs.

The Calais was fantastic on the juice given its around town "economy". Pleasant journey - much singing and grooving. However I think Bec has a theory I am quite loopy. FYI. Bec is my mate Duncans missus. Lovely person, whom was able to communicate like a human being during the drive. Most appreciated.

Arrival to Coffs Harbour was reasonably normal (Sawtell/Toormina infact) with the usual standard I have set myself of getting lost everytime I arrive. But I do have an excuse! Everytime I turn up, all my land marks have been heavily transformed or get lost amongst the new ones. Now there is a gigantic Supermarket 2 minutes down the road that didn't even exist just over a year ago since my last visit.

Time spent this morning on the car. Drinking coffee feeling like a yuppy by myself in the 'CBD' side of Coffs Harbour. Brief shopping stint and an afternoon of kicking back in the sun.

I may be on Holiday?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home