Friday, May 05, 2006

Holiday # Entry 3

Well into 'holiday' mode now. Lunch with father and work mates today which should prove quite interesting. Then onto drinking copious amounts with Josh this evening I dare say.

In a slightly different note, I finally bought some new wheels for the Calais. This was spurred on by the rather 'worn' condition of my previously existing tyres. For me it did not make sense to buy 4 new tyres for a set of wheels that I really didn't like. So I spent some time looking for some wheels. I hadn't planned on buying anything larger than 17". However the 'standing remark' I recieved at each shop I went to was that there was no point staying with 16". So it began I started looking at 17" & 18". All within budget constraints. I ended up buying a set of 18" wheels off the display car. And as you can see they are a pretty standard 5 spoke, reasonably similiar to the styling used by HSV. I'm most happy with them and I have been quite surprised by the only small change in general ride comfort from going from 60 profile down to 40. On the highway the difference was barely noticeable which brought me a great deal of joy.

So onto next week I should be heading out to the Gold Coast to visit a few people and should be spending a couple days out that way. Looking forward to seeing some people I haven't had a chance to see in quite some time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home