Saturday, January 28, 2006

Plugs and Leads

Hangover aside, I set about some routine maitenance today on my baby.

Which just made me realise.. I don't think I've named her yet.

I'm no stranger to the normal routines required to keep cars on the go (despite my horrid luck with cars - as my father has explained to me.. It's all in the genes aparently). I however have never had a 304 to play with before. Could it be possible to put things like the dizzy in a more obnoxious place? Or perhaps put the ABS controller right infront of a spark plug? Better yet, No.7 should be placed where you can't use a small extension on your ratchet spanner, but by having no extension all you achieve is removing skin from your hands.

Now for the rest of the weekend.

6 Comments:

Blogger phil said...

you're going to hate this, but you have to call her 'Calooh'. As I imagine that this piece of literary allusion will not resonate with you, I suggest you google (tm) 'Jaberwocky' and read it. Then all will become clear, after which you can call the car whatvere you want. Just trying to be helpful...

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomic,

Hmmm, 1997 Calais by the sound of it. Had the same problems. Name . . . ?

I'm thinkin' 'Claude'. Has a nice sturdy yet effficient ring to it don't you think? And with just a hint of 'frog' to homage the brand.

Gympie Guy

4:21 PM  
Blogger tomic said...

Yay my first non friend/family comment.

Yep '97 S2 Calais. Which so far has only been referred to as 'the tank' or 'the commode'.

It has to be a girls name..

Investigate said jaberwocky now...

11:57 PM  
Blogger tomic said...

I am not calling my car 'Callooh' father. And what the freakin bejesus made you remember that?

12:00 AM  
Blogger phil said...

it was obvious. well it was obvious to me.

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A 97 Calais, I'd call it Dieppe. You'll be deep in it soon!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home