Saturday, March 04, 2006

Not saying enough.

I've been told quite directly by Ruth that my blog is faaar to impersonal. On that note to quite a degree I agree. I've never been much of a fan of naming people on my pages and sharing exactly whats been going on with whom. So this time around I will try and be more specific.

Went to the Brumbies V Cats games last night with Dunc, Whitey and Pix. Proceeded to get thoroughly drunk. Pretty good game untill the Cats finally put one down in the dying minutes. 28 to 7 end result. Bumped into Matt but didn't catch the rest of the family despite having a fair look around (insert obvious comment about being intoxicated and not being able to find my own shoe I'm wearing).

Into town for Cat's birthday. Cowboy theme with a mechanical bull to boot. Had a few goes which was great fun despite having absolutely no talent for such a 'sport'. I use the term 'sport' sparingly. Fun regardless.

So now I head into full swing for the weekend. Work is very quiet and we have no TV so I can't do my usual run down of video hits. Duncan and I will probably hit up Skyfire this evening then onto 'Chicks with Decks'. I'm reasonably sure that I'm working the door for some period of time at said event which more often than not is a reasonably amusing part of an evening. I tend to be somewhat draconian when 'working the door'. But there is plenty of fun to be had.

The old man is due sunday morning. Looking forward to catching up.

In unrelated immediate news heres some other absolutely mundane shit thats been going on lately... (this is not proving a point Ruth - This is an attempt at what we spoke of).


1- Ants. I've been crashing at Ruths place for well over a month now. She has what can only be described as 'a plague of ants'. If any near substance containing anything even remotely resemboling food/sugar is left for more than 5 minutes the army marches in. I actually fell asleep on the couch the other night and had barely a mouthfull of coke left in a glass on the coffee table. Upon waking and being rather parched I grabbed a swig. I got coke. I also got a face and mouth full of ants. I'm sure had it been recorded it would have made a great clip for funniest home videos. It is actually quite unbelievable how quickly the ant march comes on. One moment nothing, the next they are out in force.

2- Cat-Spedometer. Poor Boris (Ruths eldest cat atm) has had the misfortune of having to go to the vet near on 4 times in under a month. What is amusing here is that Boris acts as a audible speedo. However he does not just 'Meow'. It actually sounds a lot more like 'OWwwwww'. As you go from stand still to moving it begins. The faster you go, the louder and more frequent the screaming of 'OWwwww' comes from the back seat. At first highly amusing, then somewhat distracting moving towards plain hilarious after having done said trip a number of times (It's OK Boris only one trip left mate!).

Yes. I am aware the cat won't be reading this.

Thankyou come again.

1 Comments:

Blogger phil said...

remember, sometimes less is more.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home