Saturday, May 06, 2006

Holiday - More!

Big day yesterday. Kicked off with a sleep in and some fiddling with my car, followed by a pretty good lunch with my dad and a bunch of his old workmates/coffee buddies. Decided I should have a wander and spent the next few hours wandering around Brisbane. Checked out West End which was nothing to write home about so I thought I'd hit up the museum. This was pretty unspectacular. Paid to check out the Egyptian display they have on which was reasonably interesting. They had some real mummies and all sorts of trinket like things but the coolest thing was the mummified body parts. Stuff like a head and foot. Excellent! Decided to keep on my way and continue wandering and headed down through South Bank. The Buddah Birthday celebrations are on so there was lots of things to check out. I would have taken some pictures but there wasn't much point. Everyone has seen Pagodas and Buddah shrines before. What did amaze me though was that some of the folk running stalls there were there purely on a commercial basis. But honestly who goes to the Buddah Birthday celebrations to buy some 30 year old clock radio and second hand clothes?

Headed over to Josh's pad by which time I was rooted from walking. Drank beer. Ate Sushi Train. Demoloshed bottle of Vodka in record time watching the Aussies pound the shit out of New Zealand. Of which I have to say Matt Cooper is a star. Absolute work horse the entire game. Some brilliant kicking from Andrew Johns and Carmichael Hunt was quite impressive untill he caught the wrong side of a shoulder and was down for the count.

Then Kristian rang. By this time I'm more than lubricated. End up hitting the valley and going to all sorts of random clubs. Most of which Kristian would say upon entering 'Thats usually where the band plays' point to some corner. Of course not one place we ventured had a band. House music friday it must have been. Four am arrives and I'm quite surprised I'm still walking. We sit down and smash a coffee and some breakfast into us before parting ways and going home. Going home involved walking around the corner and into the elevator. Josh's pad is very conveniently located. Mind you I had a bastard of a time again with the swipy card trying to get doors to open and elevators to elevate. This may have been due to blurred vision caused by aforementioned heavy lubrication. Ended up speaking to Kahlia numerous times through the night which was also rather amusing. People (including me) should just not try use mobile phones to communicate whilst inside noisy clubs.

Anyway, I'm gonna go have a swim. Its a rather toasty day today here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home