Sunday, January 08, 2006

Surrounded

After loosing one couch and then aquiring another it was time to re-arrange the lounge room marginally.

The specific reason was so I could better align my 5.1 setup. Instant improvement.

I no longer have my surrounds at unequal distances from 'The Seat'. I need to re-arrange the TV/Amp location as they are still somewhat off centre, however my biggest problem resides in the fact that because my centre speaker is not shielded I can't stick it under/above the television. This is a sad side effect of having built it myself as one of numerous little projects I have carried out over the years. Instead it sits to the side of the TV which totally ruins the centre effect and forces my staging horribly to the left of the TV.

I have a couple of options. As the centre itself doesn't actually sound tooo bad, but does lack volume up high due to natural roll off of the drivers I have used. I can either rebuild speaker with some magetically shielded drivers and add a tweeter. Or spend probably as much money and just buy a nice one.

The latter really is the more appealing option however I really do enjoy building speakers. I just don't have the skill to get the actual finish of the enclosure looking damn good. All I can muster is 'alright'.

I will ponder my dilemma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home